Positions Currently Available
Club General Manager
The Chester Golf Club has been serving members, their families, and guests for many years since its early beginnings in 1914. The club has been a vital contributor to the local economy and tourism on the South Shore of Nova Scotia and is known as one of Nova Scotia’s finest courses.
Reporting to and in concert with the Board, the General Manager manages the Clubs operations in accordance with the strategic, financial, and operational goals of the Club. The General Manager is responsible for the overall performance and the effective and efficient management of Chester Golf Club.
Working with the Board, the General Manager will develop a long-term strategy as well as coordinating and administering the club’s policies as defined by its Board of Directors. As a leader, the General Manager will have 5 direct reports and is responsible to hire, train, monitor, evaluate, and motivate staff.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Implement and monitor the budget, managing operational costs and payment approvals,
- Monitor the quality of the club’s products and services and ensures maximum member and guest satisfaction.
- Secure and protect the club’s assets, including facilities and equipment.
- Ensure safety and health measures are current and carried out for the protection of all Club members and staff, and that environmental regulations are met.
- Through effective leadership provide direction and support for Golf Services Management, Superintendent Grounds Tees and Greens, Food and Beverage Manager and Golf Services Manager.
- Direct responsibility for membership, marketing, communications, and IT.
- Research and identify opportunities for improving revenue.
- Generate reports for the Board and will report back on the effectiveness of the Club’s policies, operations, and programs.
- Work closely with golf organizations, citizen groups, members, volunteers, and industry representatives.
As the selected candidate you will have a minimum of 5 years of senior leadership experience with a focus on profit and loss as well as a bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, or related field of study from an accredited university or equivalent. With a solid understanding of the private golf club or hospitality business you have experience managing food and beverage operations. You also have a demonstrated professional track record in the areas of:
- Financial management
- Vendor relationship management
- Human resources management
- Project management
- Food and beverage operations
- Special Events
If you are interested in joining an organization that brings members, residents, and visitors together whilst delivering a wonderful visitor experience, please send your resume to Natalie via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking individuals to join our maintenance team for the balance of the 2021 season with potential for subsequent seasons as well based on performance. Submit your resume and application to: email@example.com
Responsibilities include: mowing, trimming, bunker maintenance, landscaping, pin placement, course set-up, general clean-up, ground maintenance etc.
Experience and Knowledge – Looking for enthusiastic people preferably with landscaping/property management/grounds work experience. Experience in golf course maintenance, and knowledge of golf is a plus but not necessary. Basic knowledge of machine operation is essential. All new employee’s will have on the job training;
A Nova Scotia Drivers License is required.
Education – High school diploma (preferred but not mandatory). and WHMIS safety training.
This is a great opportunity for those looking to work in a team environment, who love working outdoors at a beautiful location.
Interested applicants please send resume and contact information.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 3 months
Expected start date: 2021-09-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
We are currently looking to fill several positions within our Food and Beverage Department! Please send your email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience is an asset, but is not necessary.
Full-time and part-time positions available.
Applications for employment should include an introductory letter outlining the position you are interested in applying for and a resume with references.
By submitting your application, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below.
- Any information submitted within the job application will not be released or distributed in any way. The information provided is used strictly for the potential hiring process.
- Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact those successful applicants that we choose for an interview.
- We will conduct all necessary reference and background checks in order to deem if an applicant is successful or not.
- We are not responsible for any incorrect information during submission.
- We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at anytime without notice.