Tuesday morning League
Tuesday Morning League
We encourage all women members of the Chester Golf Club to consider joining the Tuesday Morning League. League play is a great opportunity to meet new people, hone your skills and enjoy our beautiful course on a regular basis.
The Tuesday Morning League is open to women members of the CGC who have a current golf handicap* and enjoy weekly competitive play of 9 or 18 holes.
The season for the Tuesday Morning League begins in mid-May and runs through to a closing scramble in late September. Our dedicated team of volunteers work very hard to organize weekly play – managing communication with players, the tee sheet, and results. A variety of game formats are played during the season and there is a scramble at the end of each month. We encourage participants to retire to the Clubhouse after their round to enjoy social time over refreshments and perhaps lunch.
The fee to join the league is $20.00 which funds weekly prizes for the top finishers in both gross and net categories, and other activities such as skills or rule clinics.
* It is important for league golfers to establish and maintain a golf handicap as it allows golfers of different abilities to play together and ensures fair and fun competition during weekly games. While this may seem intimidating for newer golfers, it is very easy and can be accomplished in as few as three rounds. Please refer to the section below for more information on establishing and maintaining your handicap.
Joining the League – Payment of Fee
CGC women members who wish to join the Tuesday Morning League have two payment options:
Online payment through the CGC website. This is the PREFERRED method of payment. It can be done when you renew your golf club membership, or at any time.
– Select “Online services”
– Select “Membership, Services & Packages”.
– Scroll down to “Backshop & Other”.
– Select “Women ‘s Division League Fee” (NOTE: this IS the fee for the Tuesday Morning League).
– This adds $20.00 to the cart which can be paid online.
– Send an e-transfer of the $20.00 fee to: WDtreasurer@chestergolfclub.ca. Please include your name, email address and phone number in the message section of the e-transfer)